IOD Transfers at the Craft Fair
It’s holiday time and we are setting up a booth at the local craft fair. Big deal right? Kinda is a big deal, I haven’t done a craft fair in over 20 years. I have only done Home Shows and Antique Shows so I am a bit rusty. Since I make something every day for a class sample or to try something new, why not compile a larger amount and sell them at the craft fair? Enter IOD Transfers at the Craft Fair!
Sap Bucket Transfers
These are nice big buckets perfect for a small waste basket. Because I purchased a large lot of them, 37 to be exact, I am going to use 10 of them for the craft fair. Here is how I assembly lined them so I could get them all done in 2 days! I haven’t specified paint type because I was using up what I had but any flat paint suitable for metal will work.
- First dust them all off and then clean with a solvent. These are old buckets and I have no idea what might be on them.
- Let them thoroughly dry
- paint and let the paint thoroughly dry [at least overnight]
- If you need a second coat apply it but I like a lighter paint coverage for this project
- Now to add the IOD transfer
*cut the pieces and arrange how you want them before you begin to burnish them
- When you are happy with your design burnish the transfers. Make sure all the edges are down and rub with a soft cloth.
- Seal with your favorite topcoat depending on the paint you used.
And We’re Off
I love the way these black transfers came out on the winter white buckets. Perfect with holiday berry picks. We’ll see how well IOD Transfers at the Craft Fair do.
Absolutely gorgeous ! Thank you so much for posting ❣️
I’m looking for a black and white iod transfer to do on a double dresser with a raised middle for the “keys”. Can you suggest one> I am just not finding exactly but I do know they can be cut and manipulated. Thank you!
These are gorgeous. I would love to try this, but transfers are a bit pricey for me, so the ones I have splurged on, I have saved for large pieces that I intend on refinishing. Anyhow, beautiful idea!
Thanks for stopping by Lindsay. One of the reasons I like the Classic Bouquets is that it is actually 4 transfers in one so you really get your money’s worth!