Wooden Christmas Trees Decoupage Diy
These wooden Christmas trees decoupage diy are an heirloom quality project for you to bring out year after year to decorate for your family Christmas. We make these unfinished wood trees in the studio and you can find them linked below. The set of three is a perfect mantle decoration or spread them around your holiday decor. Here are the steps we took to make our trees have that cottage lodge style vibe!
My husband made the trees from scrap wood used while renovating an old barn so no 2 are exactly alike. He created his pattern and made them so the trees were in two pieces making it easier to ship.
At this time we are selling them in sets of 3. The trees will ship the week of October 31st.
Rough Sawn Wood Christmas Tree Set
Each rough sawn Christmas Tree set comes with 3 trees. The trees are roughly 11″ 13.5″ and 18.5″. The trees are shipped in 2 parts for shipping.The base has a slot where the tree trunk is inserted when you are ready to stand your tree. Simply use wood glue along the base and attach the parts when you are ready.
- Woden Tree (Custom Ones by us, Your own or we have an Amazon link below)
- Chalk Paint (Small quantity linked below)
- Stamps, ink, brayer
- Decoupage medium and brushes (we love the mod lodge brush set linked below)
- Decoupage Paper
- Stickles- (easy glue and glitter in one we love this stuff!) Amazon link below
Are you a visual learner? We have a YouTube video of the whole process.
Directions for Wooden Christmas Trees Decoupage
- Paint tree with a chalk style paint in your choice, let dry
- Decide what you are going to use to embellish your tree
- If you will stamp on your tree do it now and then seal, let dry
- Once the sealant has dried you can decoupage or add a transfer to your tree.
- Seal again over either the decoupage or the transfer.
- Add stickle glue around design to add a bit of glam and glitz (takes awhile to dry)
- Let dry, assemble and you’re done!
Resources 4 You
As a small business we often use links to share products we use but don’t sell. We earn a small commission on any items you purchase but it doesn’t cost you any more. We will always identify these items and you can be assured these are items we use in our work too!
What is the difference between A3 and A4 in dimensions?